Monday 8 August 2011

Welcome to the real world.

Recently I've become an adult and got a proper job. A job where I have to sometimes get up early and then concentrate for 8 hours. I'm now a support worker for disabled adults- when I tell people this they usually react with "you? really? I can't imagine you doing that..." I'm loving the support so far. I'm actually loving my job though, getting paid is just a bonus. Plus I get alternate weekends off, so I can jet off to see friends. Not Amy Rooke though.

I've also come to massively appreciate my days off, weekends and week days. Today I've slept, eaten and watched Angel- it has been absolute bliss and I don't feel guilty at all. I had some days off recently and decided to join my family on their holiday to Wales. On the way there, I got lost (stupid Satnav) and I'm not even kidding but I'm pretty sure I was on top of a big mountain. I went through a village that was the highest village in Wales. I was cacking my pants for about an hour as I swerved around sheep. Didn't realise I was afraid of heights until this happened. I didn't let the car go over 10mph just in case. My family would not have been happy if I had driven off the edge of a cliff, because they had saved me some dinner and were eagerly anticipating my arrival. The journey took longer than expected because of my detour, but then I had to keep getting out of the car to take photos (mainly to prove to my brother that I was late because I had been climbing Snowdon in a car...)

It was nice to spend a couple of days watching the dogs have fun. It wasn't so nice to sleep on a camping mattress the size of a matchbox, roll into the middle of the tent repeatedly and be met by my Mother snoring. No offence Mother dearest, but you sound like a llama slowly dying. I ended up getting sunburn and heat rash too, so I was pretty mardy. When I finally decided to embark on the 4 hour journey back, I was ready to crawl into a normal sized bed and actually sleep. 30 minutes away from home my back tyre decided to burst dramatically. I swerved off the road into a layby at 10pm. I then proceeded to cry (I hadn't showered in a while and I really didn't want to see anyone...) Finally after phoning my Dad and asking him if there was any chance that I could change my own tyre, I decided to ring the RAC. Within 20 minutes a nice RAC man turned up and rescued me... Well actually, first he tried to upgrade my breakdown cover, but after seeing how dirty I looked he decided to change my tyre quickly and let me go on my way.

Despite me now having a grown up job, I can still throw a tantrum fit for a 5 year old. I'm sorry, but how difficult is it to remember that I do not like crunchy peanut butter? The real world is so cruel. I'm ashamed to say that I sulked over peanut butter for quite a while until finally realising how stupid I was being. This weekend, my mother bought me smooth peanut butter and now everything is right in the world again.

I've decided to visit Chester next weekend, and I'm apprehensive about the entire trip. Will it be different now? I feel like me and Chester have gone through a nasty break up and now we're being forced to spend time together because of mutual friends. When I come back from Chester, will I resent Shepshed for being so shit? Who knows. I'm assuming that my bad luck will strike again over the weekend- perhaps another tyre will blow up, or maybe a broken bone. (Don't worry, I just touched wood, I'll be fine..)

I work with a lot of people from Sileby (a village near me) and I've started to pick up the accent.. Yesterday, instead of saying "you had better get a move on", I said "berra gerra move on". It was embarrassing, but I'm having trouble shaking it off.

I can't think of anything else that has happened recently that is worth sharing.. Oh, well I changed my duvet cover the other day. That was nice. (It took me about half an hour and I had to crawl into the cover to straighten the duvet, almost suffocating and peeing my pants..) It seems that everything becomes more complicated the second I get involed. I make mountains out of mole hills. But I'd just like to clarify that I really was driving on a mountain in Wales, and it wasn't just a mole hill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home