Sunday 10 July 2011

I'm like Benjamin Button, I'm going backwards.

I said goodbye to Chester and moved back to Shepshed with my mum. It's been a slow week, but I've learnt a lot so far...

I'm 21 years old, but somehow I've resorted to acting like a 5 year old. The other day I actually debated whether it would be okay if I weed in my own car (I was lost and far away from home). The only reason I didn't was because I just knew the smell would haunt me for the rest of my life. I also went over to my cousin's house to help with the decorating- I spent the day outside with her 2 and a half year old son pretending that sand was ice cream. I had banana ice cream with sprinkles and haribo sweets. Then we casually mowed the lawn with a funky lawn mower that spurted out bubbles. We also found a hole and Harley decided that I should put my head down it to investigate. There was a really friendly family of nettles at the very bottom.

My mum has been doing my washing, which is nice. But I would like to point out that the clothes on the floor are actually still good to wear... The novelty will wear off soon and she will stop cooking me smiley faces and folding my pants into neat piles. Today she bought me 7 pairs of pants- they have each day written on them and a fun picture alongside. I was so excited that when I got home I put my 'Sleepy Sunday' pants on, and it felt good. (Actually I'd soiled myself on the 15 minute car journey home...)

I have realised that I am way too defensive about my 'sexuality' as a friend recently said to me "want anything lesbianish from Brighton?"... My response was "WHO HAVE YOU BEEN TALKING TO? WHO TOLD YOU I WAS A LESBIAN?!" It was pretty embarrassing when he explained that he was merely joking, and just thought I would find it funny if he brought me back a stick of rock moulded into the shape of a vagina. Talking about vaginas (as always), I met a man recently whose surname is Vagani. Sometimes it's hard to be so mature about things like this. I'm sniggering on the inside, but my cold expressionless face hides it well.

I messed up my Graduation Ceremony form, because I forgot to write down how to pronounce my name. I can't wait for them to say 'Bellender Fucklin', or something equally as depressing. Graduation is 4 months away (just counted on my fingers), and I feel that I should be preparing somehow? Perhaps training my bladder.. I wouldn't want an 'oopsie' on stage now would I?! I'm also taking walking lessons and learning how to not trip over. Oh how I wish there were such lessons. Speaking of lessons, I started going to Zumba class. It's hard though, because I'm so good people think I'm Shakira, and then it's really awkward having to explain that I'm not. In the first class I sweated so much I thought I was going to disappear.

What else have I learnt..? Oh, that films including animals fully demolish my emotions. I watched Marley and Me again tonight. I sobbed so much I made my throat hurt. I'm still pretty raw about it to be honest, it was a long emotional journey.

I've started my Summer reading list, but without the pressure of "YOU MUST FINISH THIS BOOK AND BE ABLE TO WRITE CLEVER THINGS ABOUT IT", I'm just finding it hard to concentrate, or pay attention. I keep reading the same page over and over. I might have a degree now, but I'm definitely still stupid. I'm asking really intelligent questions to the people around me, such as "why do they say 'pissed as a fart', when it makes no sense?" and "if I tap my fingers on a piece of wood, would you think it was a mouse?" I'm surprised people are actually answering my questions, or talking to me at all.

This week I'm having my bright pink TV (a bad decision I made last year) fitted onto my book shelf. This is actually the highlight of my week. I'm so excited to be able to watch Peppa Pig when I wake up in the mornings...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home